As Inclement Weather Increases

Remember To:

Use the Emergency 911 telephone number only to report an emergency. All non-emergency calls for Sheriff Department assistance should use (337) 369-3711.

In the event of power outages, treat intersections with traffic lights as four way stops.

Do not drive through flooded areas. It is difficult to determine the depth of water which can cause damage to both vehicles and property. According to a local ordinance, police will ticket any driver "passing through standing water in a manner as to cause a wake or wave to reach any building." Anyone crossing police or public works barricades will also be ticketed.